Shiskebrat: A Heavy HorderveGreat for serving HC Brats to friends for a down south delicious get together.
- 1 onion cut into larger pieces
- 1 green pepper cut into larger pieces
- 5 red potatoes cubed
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1lb Hunter Cattle Bratwurst cut into ½ inch pieces
- Presoak wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes prior to preparation.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot and add potatoes.
- Reduce heat to medium and allow potatoes to cook for ten minutes.
- In a preheated skillet, add sauerkraut, onion and green pepper.
- Cook on medium for a few minutes before adding the bratwurst.
- Add bratwurst and continue to cook until sausage and vegetables are golden brown.
- Once potatoes are ready, use a slotted spoon to add them to the skillet and combine.
- Cook together for another five to ten minutes.
- Thread sausage, vegetables and potatoes onto skewers and serve.