- Safer and Healthier
- Better nutritional value than store-bought pork
- Absent of harmful byproducts associated with hogs fed in feedlots.
- Lower in cholesterol, and calories
- Richer in antioxidants including vitamins E, beta-carotene, and vitamin C
- Have more “good” fats – two to four times more omega-3 fatty acids
- Fewer “bad” fats
- Certified humane
- It just tastes better!
Our Pigs at Hunter Cattle Company Receive:
NO resistance building antibiotics
NO animal byproducts
Pastured Pork is more nutritious than store bought pork. It is higher in Vitamin E, higher in Omega-3′s, and richer in antioxidants, which help prevent cancer and many other chronic diseases.
As you can see (above) our pigs are healthy and happy! They are being raised as they are meant to be under the shelter of the forest, foraging on vegetation and bugs off the forest floor. Their food is always available and is antibiotic, steroid, and hormone free. Over the span of their lifetime our pigs receive no antibiotics, steroids, hormones, or artificial supplements. Instead, they gain their nutrients from what nature has to offer them. Our pigs are allowed to root, dig, and run, just as they were meant to. This improves the quality of their lives as well as the quality of the meat they produce.