HC Flank Steak Roll UpsImpress your guests with this delicious flank steak roll up.
- 1 (2 pound) beef flank steak
- ½ cup of your favorite marinade
- 8 ounces thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- 1/2 cup fresh kale, spinach or cabbage
- Place the flank steak on a cutting board with the short end closest to you.
- Starting from one of the long sides, score the meat horizontally to within 1/2 inch of the opposite edge.
- Mix the marinade together in a gallon-sized resalable plastic bag.
- Marinate flank steak in the refrigerator 4 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a glass baking dish.
- To make the rolls, lay out the flank steak flat in front of you.
- Layer the provolone across the steak, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Arrange the bacon, kale, spinach or cabbage across the cheese covered steak in stripes running in the same direction as the grain of the meat.
- Roll the flank steak up and away from you, so that when the roll is cut into the pinwheel shape, each of the filling ingredients can be seen.
- Roll firmly, but be careful not to squeeze the filling out.
- Once rolled, tie with kitchen twine and bake until the internal temp reaches 145 degrees.